Elderflower Champagne- 4% abv - This recipe makes 16 litres (three and a half gallons) of Champagne. It was kindly donated to us by Mr. John Smith of Young’s Home Brew of Bilston, West Midlands.
- 3 kilo sugar
- 10 lemons
- 30 elderflower heads
- 4 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 1 sachet of champagne yeast
Method :- Sterilise and rinse all equipment and bottles thoroughly
- Boil 4 litres of water and dissolve the sugar.
- Transfer to a fermenter and add 12 litres of cold water
- Add juice and zest of the lemons, elderflower heads and vinegar. Stir gently.
- When the mixture has cooled to 20C sprinkle on yeast.
- Cover and ferment for 2 weeks.
- Strain through muslin into plastic PET bottles with screw on cap.
- Further fermentation in the bottle will cause the bottles to expand.
- Check for expansion daily, and release pressure if necessary by unscrewing cap.
- Leave for 8 days before serving chilled.
This recipe was kindly donated by Mr. John Smith of Young’s Home Brew of Bilston, West Midlands.
Any queries phone Paul on 020 8644 0934
Back to Help and Advice